The Liebster award is given to new blogs on the internet. It ‘s a sort of chain letter, really. Joan, a fellow furniture lover from Toronto, writes a blog called Nicer than New and she nominated me. Thanks Joan. Check out her site. Here are the rules for the award; they are designed to get more action to your blog. It’s kind of silly but if it brings in new readers, then it’s worth a try
- Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
- Answer the questions from the nominator; list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Present the Liebster Award to several other bloggers, who have blogs with 200 followers or less, whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on the blogs letting the owners know they have been chosen.
- Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
Here are the questions Joan sent me:
1.Why did you start blogging?
I wrote a blog last year about teaching ideas because I was retiring. After retirement, I discovered chalk paint and started painting furniture. The blog is about furniture styles mostly but I also get to show what I have painted. It’s pretty much an ego thing but I enjoy writing.
2. What is your most memorable vacation destination?
I really liked visiting Vancouver and Vancouver Island a few years ago. It is incredibly beautiful.
3. What is your favourite quick go-to recipe?
That’s a tough one as the quick things I make are pretty unremarkable. My favourite comfort food is spaghetti.
4. Choose a movie or record album you like and tell us why?
My favourite movie is The Godfather Part I because it is a perfect film and is still great 35+ years after it was made.
5. What is your favourite blog post you have completed to date?
I enjoy research so I would have to say it the one about The Atomic Age. It’s also pretty nostalgic for me.
6.If you were dropped off on a deserted island and you could only have three items with you what would they be and why?
It would have to be 3 very large books because I am easily bored.
7. What is your most prized possession?
Like most people, I would say my children although they are not really possessions.
8. If you were reborn as an animal, what would it be and why?
A dog, they can have great lives and their owners usually adore them.
9. What is the best book you have read in the past 5 years and why?
That’s also a tough one because I read a fair number of books. This year it would be The Headmaster’s Wager by Vincent Lam.
10. If weight was a non issue, what’s one thing you would eat every day?
Ice cream-my favourite dessert.
11. What are your future plans or goals for blogging?
It would be nice to grow an audience or to be able to sell furniture through the blog.
Things you may not know about me:
1. I was born in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
2. I initially graduated university at 19-my birthday is in November.
3. I love Coronation St and other British dramas.
4. I saw the Beatles live at the Montreal Forum when I was 12 years old.
5. I met my husband when I was 17.
6. I have 4 sisters. My father had 3 sisters and 5 daughters-no brothers or sons.
7. I am an English teacher but I skip parts of books that are too descriptive.
8. I love hockey and am a passionate Ottawa Senators fan.
9. I have had a crush on an English tenor named Alfie Boe for a few years. He has a huge fan club of middle aged women like myself-it is very odd and I can’t explain the fanatic behaviour.
10. I really enjoy painting furniture but I have no artistic ability- I don’t even have good fine motor control.
Here are my nominations; I honestly don’t know how many followers they have but I am sure they would enjoy having new people visit their blogs:
http://www.revivalstore.org/blog.html These gals run a vintage store in the summer and visit flea markets in the winter. They have some very informative posts about certain eras, which I have used in my own blog.
Tessie’s Creations Tessie is a fellow Ottawan who paints furniture and does a whole lot of other crafts as well.
Fragments1 A poet who would like an audience.
Knatalee’s World An animal lover and artist
I am going to break the rules a bit and ask only 5 questions. You can list as many facts about yourself as you wish.
1. Why did you take up blogging?
2. What have been the most important influences in your life?
3. If you could re-do something what would it be?
4. What bloggers do you enjoy reading?
5. What would you like to see happen in the future? ( can be personal or global)
So that’s it. If you wish to participate, great.